- Judy’s World: US Foreign Aid – A $2.3 Trillion Grand TheftPosted 156 days ago
- Feinstein-Lee Amendment Canned – 2013 NDAA Lacks Due Process, Sen. Rand Paul voting NOPosted 156 days ago
- Badge Abuse: Is “To Protect and To Serve” Dead?Posted 156 days ago
- the Organic Review: Willamette Valley Battle: GMO or Not? The story keeps changingPosted 156 days ago
- Foreign Governments Buying America’s National Debt, AgainPosted 157 days ago
- the Organic Review: Meat-Eaters at Risk for Consuming e-Coli-Tainted BeefPosted 157 days ago
- Judy’s World: The GOP Moves to Further Alienate and Infuriate Liberty ActivistsPosted 158 days ago
- the Organic Review: Monsanto could be giving you the Stomach Flu, LiterallyPosted 158 days ago
- President Karzai Wants U.S. to Leave Afghanistan, Tired of Foreign OccupationPosted 159 days ago
- Judy’s World: Snooty and Snarky Anti-2nd Amendment Folks Believe You have a Duty to DiePosted 159 days ago
FBI Agents Take Virginia Resident for Facebook Posts, Roommate says,“he goes before a judge at the hospital from what we have been told.”
by Ezra Van Auken
Chesterfield Police, the FBI and Secret Service agents have detained Brandon Raub of Richmond, Virginia who spent tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, known as a “respected” Marine and squad leader. On August 16th, at around seven in the afternoon, law enforcement agencies arrived and unlawfully arrested Raub at his house, alone at the time while his roommates were doing other things.
Despite not having any actual reasoning as to why Brandon was arrested, law enforcement did question the 26-year-old about his recent Facebook posts, which overall criticize the nature of what the United States government is today. Making the arrest a very suspicious one.
After calling the Chesterfield police station, an officer noted that their department is not involved with the case; FBI officials are undergoing the investigation.
According to Kati Wood, Raub’s close friend and roommate, “he was taken, the local police said they were charging him with resisting arrest and assaulting a police officer,” although Wood believes Raub never countered the agents entering the house with any force. Just the next morning, Raub’s family and loved ones called the Chesterfield PD to learn that he wasn’t even booked at the jail, showing the lack of transparency.
Kati explained, “When we called the morning of 8/17 they told us he had never been booked. We had to contact FBI agent to find out where he was.” Which led the family to discovering Brandon was at John Randolph Medical Center in Hopewell, VA. Today around 10:00-10:30AM, “he goes before a judge at the hospital from what we have been told. We believe this is going to take place early in the morning.”
The mother, brother and girlfriend of Brandon Raub have all commented on his state of mind, which Kati described as, “sound minded, level headed and logical,” and in an interview done by WTPN Brandon’s mom said his mind was, “completely healthy” when discussing the situation on Saturday.
When visiting the hospital, Brandon told his roommate, “I love the American people with all my heart.” Showing his persistence to remain peaceful through what is going on, although struck by the power grab US government officials have taken. While visiting, Raub also reminded Wood that he was never read his Miranda rights nor did officers present a warrant during the arrest.
“The land of the free and the home of the brave where good men triumph and bad men fall. Come, you brave men and women. Let your hearts guide you. It is time to stand. If there ever was a time to stand for what you believe in. Now is that time. Love and Peace. Prayers for Brandon” -Kati Wood, close friend and roommate to Brandon Raub