- Judy’s World: US Foreign Aid – A $2.3 Trillion Grand TheftPosted 150 days ago
- Feinstein-Lee Amendment Canned – 2013 NDAA Lacks Due Process, Sen. Rand Paul voting NOPosted 150 days ago
- Badge Abuse: Is “To Protect and To Serve” Dead?Posted 150 days ago
- the Organic Review: Willamette Valley Battle: GMO or Not? The story keeps changingPosted 150 days ago
- Foreign Governments Buying America’s National Debt, AgainPosted 151 days ago
- the Organic Review: Meat-Eaters at Risk for Consuming e-Coli-Tainted BeefPosted 151 days ago
- Judy’s World: The GOP Moves to Further Alienate and Infuriate Liberty ActivistsPosted 152 days ago
- the Organic Review: Monsanto could be giving you the Stomach Flu, LiterallyPosted 152 days ago
- President Karzai Wants U.S. to Leave Afghanistan, Tired of Foreign OccupationPosted 153 days ago
- Judy’s World: Snooty and Snarky Anti-2nd Amendment Folks Believe You have a Duty to DiePosted 153 days ago
North Dakota State University and University of Texas have Bomb Threats Friday
by Angel Clark
In Austin at the University of Texas, their website stated, “Immediately evacuate ALL buildings and get as far away as possible”. University of Texas officials on stated “Buildings being checked/cleared. Stay away from buildings. No decision on afternoon classes/activities. Next update at 10:45am.”KXAN-TV reports that Rhonda Weldon, the University of Texas Director of Communications, says that the university got a call around 8:35 am local time. According to Weldon, a male with a Middle Eastern accent claimed to have placed bombs all over campus.
The caller claimed he was a member of the Al-Qaeda terrorist organization. He also said the bombs would go off in 90 minutes. Students and staff were urged to leave campus by 10:15 in the morning. Officials began evacuating all buildings on campus out of caution. Reportedly, the University of Texas received multiple bomb threats to numerous buildings.
At 11:45 the officials at the University of Texas in Austin tweeted ”Time specified in phone threat has passed but we have not yet cleared all buildings. Decision to resume operations&classes will come shortly”. It seems they believe the threat is passed.
North Dakota State University in Fargo ordered a campus evacuation issuing a statement shortly before 10 a.m. All students and employees were told to leave campus within 30 minutes due to a bomb threat. North Dakota State University also informed students by sending an automated call to their cell phones. The threat came in the form of a “telephone call to the campus” according to NDSU President Dean Bresciani.
University officials and Fargo police have yet to say whether they believe the two bomb threats are related.