- Yahoo Was Reportedly Forced to Join PRISM By a Secret CourtPosted 3 days ago
- the Organic Review: Final Verdict for Raw Milk Farmer – $1,000 Fine & No Jail TimePosted 3 days ago
- US Deepens Fight in Syria; Many Skeptical of Chemical Weapons, Ron Paul says Same Rhetoric as IraqPosted 3 days ago
- Icelandic Legislator: I’m Ready To Help NSA Whistleblower Edward Snowden Seek AsylumPosted 9 days ago
- Edward Snowden, NSA Whistleblower a Ron Paul SupporterPosted 10 days ago
- Report: Homeschooling Growing Seven Times Faster than Public School EnrollmentPosted 10 days ago
- Justin Amash Leads Coalition of Representatives in Letter to NSA and FBIPosted 10 days ago
TSA Gives Rape Victim Horrible Experience at Florida Airport
by Ezra Van Auken
Just this past Sunday, at the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, what seemed to be a normal day for most, ended up being a horrible day for a female rape victim who was improperly handled by TSA officials and then sent to a hospital.
In what the husband explained to be a “horrific experience”, which ultimately led to a visit to the ER for the victim, after Transportation Security Administration officers fondled her breasts. The husband explained to FlyerTalk.com, “Five years ago, she was violently sexually assaulted by three men and was threatened with death,”. The brutal assault traumatized the woman, which caused her to experience nightmares, flashbacks and even self-mutilation, at times. The victim did show an improvement in her mental health after seeking out counseling and working with doctors. However, her mental state is reported to be suffering a setback since her encounter with the TSA.
The husband noted “My wife was sent towards the backscatter, and told the TSO [Transportation Security Officer] she didn’t want to go through that”, obviously because of bad memories and machines looking at her body wouldn’t be mentally healthy. However, once the TSA workers decided not to use the x-ray machines, I then overheard the TSO graphically describing that ‘they will need to touch your privates’”. The victim’s husband went on to say that his wife suffered a nervous breakdown and started shaking and sobbing.
These types of stories have consistently plagued the TSA, from officials drinking on the job to allegations of TSA workers being known sexual predators, leaving many believing that the TSA is nothing more than a waste of taxpayer money.