- Judy’s World: US Foreign Aid – A $2.3 Trillion Grand TheftPosted 157 days ago
- Feinstein-Lee Amendment Canned – 2013 NDAA Lacks Due Process, Sen. Rand Paul voting NOPosted 157 days ago
- Badge Abuse: Is “To Protect and To Serve” Dead?Posted 157 days ago
- the Organic Review: Willamette Valley Battle: GMO or Not? The story keeps changingPosted 157 days ago
- Foreign Governments Buying America’s National Debt, AgainPosted 158 days ago
- the Organic Review: Meat-Eaters at Risk for Consuming e-Coli-Tainted BeefPosted 158 days ago
- Judy’s World: The GOP Moves to Further Alienate and Infuriate Liberty ActivistsPosted 159 days ago
- the Organic Review: Monsanto could be giving you the Stomach Flu, LiterallyPosted 159 days ago
- President Karzai Wants U.S. to Leave Afghanistan, Tired of Foreign OccupationPosted 160 days ago
- Judy’s World: Snooty and Snarky Anti-2nd Amendment Folks Believe You have a Duty to DiePosted 160 days ago
Worldwide – U.S. Ranks 1st in Gun Ownership and 28th in Gun Homicide, Ron Paul says Resent and Resist
by Ezra Van Auken
Since Sandy Hook’s devastating shooting, there have been discussions from everyday citizens, politicians, media pundits and political organizations on how to resolve the problem that has taken mainstream media spotlight in the past year; the problem? Shooting sprees, which have occurred in malls, movie theatres and schools.
One of the trends that has followed in the wake of Sandy Hook’s shooting is misinformation or inaccurate reporting on gun-related statistics. To cut it short, CNN’s Piers Morgan in particular has led the way for pro-gun law advocates and has done a great job at displaying statistics, which are demeaning. For instance, Morgan continues to claim that Britain, a country that happens to have firearms banned, only produced 35 gun-related homicides in 2011.
Sure, but looking at the overall picture, Britain is actually second in the European Union when it comes to crime rates. The UK also has the fifth highest robbery rate, and fourth highest burglary rate; to top it off, the EU declared Britain the most violent country out of all European countries.
As SLN reported, “However, according to the CATO Institute and FBI statistics, when guns were banned in the UK, armed robbery rates jumped 40%. In Australia, armed robbery rates increased 40%. The statistics also show that the majority of robberies in the UK happen when people are home, which is 50% of the time.”
Interestingly, Britain’s violent crimes rate is 2,034 per 100,000 people compared to the United States’ 466 violent crimes per 100,000 people.
As Fox19’s Ben Swann pointed out, the U.S. has the highest gun ownership in the world – 88 guns per 100 people. Although the U.S. has the highest gun ownership, America is 28th in the world when it comes to gun homicides; 2.97 per 100,000 people.
Luckily, Representatives in D.C. like Thomas Massie from Kentucky are taking the stand against gun grabbers and lawmakers who think reforming firearms is a reasonable idea. The freshman Congressman proposed a bill recently that would repeal all federal “gun-free school zones”, Massie explained, “Gun free zones prevent law-abiding citizens from protecting themselves, and create vulnerable populations that are targeted by criminals.”
A prominent figure in the Liberty movement and a man who helped Rep. Massie find his path to D.C., former Congressman Ron Paul spoke out against the idea of gun grabbing on Wednesday during the Alex Jones show. Paul said regarding Obama signing a gun-related executive order, “Well, it should go without saying, he’s has gone way too far. It should also go without saying, he’s acting with the use of illegal violence.”
The former Rep. detailed, “I’ve always assumed the line in the sand will be drawn, if the federal agent marches in, unannounced and they say, well give me your gun and give me your gold. I don’t think we’ll do that, calmly. I think the American people will highly resent it and resist.”