Individuals struggling with asthma use a wide range of strategies for managing their conditions. According to the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, the most common treatments for asthma are daily medication to reduce inflammation in the airways and the use of inhalers to offer rapid relief from asthma attacks. Supplementing conventional care with alternative therapies can be necessary for certain individuals to achieve and maintain symptom stability. Acupressure and acupuncture are only two examples of such supplementary approaches. Here’s a look into the benefits of acupuncture for asthma management.
Benefits of Acupuncture to Asthma Treatment.
Millions of individuals across the globe suffer from the debilitating respiratory ailment known as asthma. Some persons with asthma have found that acupuncture helps them in addition to conventional medical therapies like inhalers and steroids. Here are six benefits of acupuncture for asthma treatments:
- Improved lung function. Acupuncture can assist in enhancing lung function by decreasing inflammation and boosting circulation. Acupuncture’s ability to relax the airways and improve breathing is owed to the stimulation of certain acupoints. Those with severe or chronic asthma and frequent asthma episodes may find this particularly beneficial.
- Reduced need for medication. The use of acupuncture may reduce the need for asthma drugs. Although inhalers and steroids, two common medical therapies, may be helpful, they also come with potential downsides. Asthma patients may find relief from their symptoms and their reliance on medicine via the use of acupuncture, which also has the added benefit of perhaps enhancing their health and well-being.
- Reduced asthma symptoms. Asthma symptoms, including wheezing, coughing, and shortness of breath, can be alleviated by acupuncture. Acupuncture can help enhance the immune system and minimize respiratory inflammation by activating the body’s natural healing mechanisms.
- Reduced depression and anxiety. Many individuals who suffer from asthma also deal with anxiety and depression, and research has shown that stress and depression may bring on an asthma attack. Acupuncture’s calming effects and ability to lessen anxious feelings make it a useful tool for stress management. Acupuncture’s ability to elevate one’s mood and alleviate stress is based on its ability to trigger the body’s natural production of endorphins and other compounds.
- Individualized care. Individuals with asthma get treatment from acupuncturists that are personalized to their specific requirements. Manual stimulation or electro-acupuncture are some of the two methods used by acupuncturists to stimulate acupoints and relieve asthmatic symptoms.
- Improved performance of the immune system. Acupuncture boosts immunity by balancing the body’s Qi (energy). Acupuncture helps boost the body’s natural defenses against respiratory infections and other ailments that worsen asthma symptoms by regulating the immune system and lowering inflammation.
Mirvacu Is the Best in The Game!
Treatment of asthma with acupuncture is one of our specialties at Mirvana Acupuncture and Chinese Herbs. While treating asthma, our skilled doctors consider the whole patient, not just the symptoms. Each patient’s treatment plan is designed by both parties to ensure it is tailored to their unique condition and desired outcomes. We offer a variety of Chinese medicine treatments, including acupuncture, herbal medicine, and cupping therapy, all of which have been shown to augment acupuncture’s effectiveness in alleviating asthma symptoms. Please get in touch with us to schedule a consultation with one of our qualified practitioners if you suffer from asthma and are interested in learning more about how acupuncture and other forms of traditional Chinese medicine can help you.