LTVP Passes and the Perfect Way to Opt for

In order to participate in the LTVP or Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP), you must have an Employment Pass or an S-Pass. Singapore’s Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP) may be applied for by sponsoring organizations on behalf of the following:

  • Stepchildren
  • Common-law spouses
  • Handicapped daughters above the age of 21 and parents are also qualified.

The Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) lists the following groups of people as eligible for the LTVP:

  • Those seeking employment in Singapore with credentials provided by educational institutions outside of Singapore are encouraged to apply.
  • Singapore welcomes international students who are enrolled in higher education institutions and are searching for a job in the city-state.
  • Visitor who comes to Singapore to see her grandchild or grandkid who is studying there on a student pass.
  • Visitor visiting Singapore whose spouse is a Singaporean citizen or permanent resident (SC or PR) (SPR)
  • A minor is a visitor (under the age of 21) whose legal guardian is a SC or SPR.
  • If a visitor has a child that is a SC or SPR, they are a SC or SPR visitor.
  • A traveller to Singapore wants to have a baby and is asking for permission to do so.

Long-term inhabitant in search of a place to call home

The LTVP Scheme allows foreign nationals to remain in Singapore for up to two years, depending on the kind of application they make. For LTVP holders, working in Singapore require a valid work permit, a S Pass, or a work visa. A Stamp Duty Calculator has a lot to do here.

How to Obtain a Visitor Permit for a Protracted Period of Time

Depending on the kind of application, the implementation will be different. There is a wide range of response times for different types of applications.

It is possible for an applicant or a sponsor to get information about their application’s status and the assigned Foreign Identification Number (FIN).

The Long-Term Visit Pass Plus Program

Long-term spouses of Singaporeans or Singapore Permanent Residents (SPRs) may apply for the Long-Term Visit Pass-Plus (LTVP+) policy (SPR). Foreign spouses of SCs who apply for LTVP will have their applications automatically considered for LTVP+ if they match the standards.

For foreign wives of SCs, the LTVP+ provides them greater confidence in their ability to stay in the United States since it extends their residency time. If their application is accepted, they will be able to stay in Singapore for three years. After the renewal of their LTVP+, they will be allowed to stay in Singapore for duration of five years. People who have an LTVP+ will be eligible for healthcare and job benefits, which is the nicest part.


The Ministry of Manpower’s (MOM) EP Online program enables potential employers of LTVP+ holders to apply for a Letter of Consent (LOC) from the government (LOC).According to Singapore’s Ministry of Workforce, the LOC does not count against a company’s foreign manpower limit. The foreign worker surcharge does not apply to businesses that employ LOC holders.


There must be evidence of one of the following in order for LTVP+ candidates to receive funding:

The sponsor must be able to support a foreign spouse for at least three years, as well as have at least one Singaporean child as a result of their marriage.

LTVP+ Application Submission Procedure

LTVP+ applications are examined on an individual basis and must be approved by the relevant authorities. Applications are handled within seven working days after being submitted. Foreign Identification Number (FIN) and Application Status may be inquired about by sponsor.