- The first curtains was made by the wife of a Muslim man who wanted to keep his neighbors from seeing him getting dressed. She sewed it together from a sheet, a pillow case, and some rags.
- Eyelet curtains were invented by an Englishman named joseph Lumley in 1895. He had been working with silk for years and wanted to create something that would block the light while allowing people to still see through it.
- The word “eyelet” comes from the French word “oil” which means eye or eyelet in English. It was first used as an ocular and later became an oculate (a curtain made of eyelets).
- Eyelet curtains are the world’s most effective cooling and heating systems.
- Eyelet curtains are made from a class of novel metallic substance that is not only resistant to heat, sunlight, and water but also can be changed to shape like any other metal.
- The first eyelet curtain was designed for the Bahamas in 1965 by dr. Alan Cohen, was a physician who invented the unique system of fitting eyelet curtains in his own office to keep him from getting weatherboard at work
ALTERNATIVES TO EYELET CURTAINS
Eyelet curtains are a great choice for any room in your home. They’re not only stylish, but they also help to keep the sun out of your eyes. However, if you’re looking for an alternative to eyelet curtains, there are plenty of options available. here are some alternatives:
Woven panel curtains: these can be found in many different styles and colors. They are quite similar to eyelet curtains, but they tend to be less expensive and come in more variations of fabrics and colors than eyelet curtains do.
Shower curtain rods: if you don’t want to spend a lot on an entire set of eyelet curtains but still want them installed in your home, then shower curtain rods may be a good option for you! Shower curtain rods look very similar to curtain rods used for kitchen cabinets but they come in different sizes and shapes that allow them to fit most any size window opening. You can also purchase ready-made kits designed specifically for installing these rod sets into your home’s windows
ELEMENTS IN EYELET CURTAINS
Eyelet curtains are an easy way to add designer style to your home. They are popular because they are affordable, stylish, and durable. You can choose from a variety of fabrics and colors to match your decorating scheme or just because you like the look. Eyelet curtains are made with a double layer of fabric sewn together at the top of the curtain rod. The hole is then stitched out of the curtain material so that it can be tied back with a cord or chain. This style of curtain rod is also known as a “drop” curtain rod because it drops down from the ceiling onto the lower half of your window frame. A typical eyelet curtain measures about 30 inches long by 30 inches wide, but some can be as large as 90 inches long by 90 inches wide!