Belly fat can be caused due to several factors- a sedentary lifestyle, having junk foods, or genetic problems. Therefore, a combination of the right food and good workout sessions can help in losing those stubborn fats from your body! However, sometimes belly fat can be due to excessive stress levels and sleep deprivation. Surprisingly, it is easier to gain tummy weight than to lose it! In this context, you need to know that there is two kind of body shapes- pear-shaped and apple shaped. People having apple body shapes have a high content of visceral fat on their body and are highly prone to cardiac issues.
With the combination of a healthy balanced diet and workout, you can get rid of those extra pounds! To stay motivated and to get the best diet plan, you need to find the best book on how to lose belly fat. These guidebooks help in staying motivated with your weight loss goals as they have inspirational stories and you’ll also find good meal plans to follow. In this article, you’ll find some amazing tips to lose weight.
- Cut out foods that have a high glycaemic index– It is not sufficient to stop having carbohydrates. You need to take note of the Glycaemic Index (GI) which calculates the impact of food on your blood sugar levels. The sugar levels go up as soon as you load your stomach with high GI foods. This extra sugar accumulates as fat in your tummy. Try to fill your plate with legumes, nuts, and vegetables. Opt for non-starchy food!
- Eat fiber-loaded foods– You’ll find that most nutritionists suggest you eat foods rich in fiber. This is because fiber takes time to get digested by your body and hence it keeps you full for a long time. This prevents overeating and munching between meals. Whole grains or fiber-loaded foods include- beans, nuts, dry fruits, beans, and others.
- Have high protein foods– Usually, our meals consist a lot of carbohydrate rich foods. But if you want to lose your belly fat, you need to keep a check on the portions that you take! Fill up your plate with protein-rich foods like chicken, broccoli, poultry, fish, and eggs. They not only help in reducing weight but also help in building muscles. Including protein in your belly fat diet can reduce your appetite, increase metabolic rate, and control the hormones that regulate your body weight. Ghrelin is the hunger hormone that makes you hungry. When you increase protein content, it significantly suppresses this hormone and increases the peptide YY, GLP-1, and cholecystokinin.
- Eat your fats– Yes! You heard that right! Eating good fats can help reduce your body fat considerably. Good fats like olive oil, butter, ghee, cheese, are all examples of good fat. These are healthy unsaturated foods that fuel the fat burning process and keep you full for a long time!
- Get enough sleep– 8 hours of sleep a day, keep your belly fat away! In case of sleep deprivation, you automatically tend to binge on foods high in sodium and carbohydrates. The hunger hormone is produced more when you don’t get enough sleep. This makes you want to eat more!
By following these simple tips, you can surely lose weight. However, you need to be committed to yourself and handle every situation with bravery. This is because the weight loss journey will throw a lot of challenges at you which can be quite demotivating at times! Hence, stay determined and follow a routine to get the best results.